Cosmetics beyond any doubt makes one’s skin look impeccable. However, shouldn’t something be said about having an impeccable skin actually? Facials and back rubs benefit yield comes about. In any case, the truth of the matter is that such medicines are costly. However, the uplifting news is that there are various home solutions for normal healthy skin. Aside from great nourishment propensities, customary healthy skin at home is the most ideal method for having an actually shining skin. One of the parts of healthy skin is to shed the skin consistently. Here is the manner by which we can shed our face at home.
Benefits of Exfoliation
Exfoliation is the process by which dead skin cells are removed from the surface. The result is that the younger skin layers that lie below the layer of dead skin are brought to the surface. This undoubtedly gives the skin a younger look. Secondly the process also increases supply of blood and nutrients to the facial skin. Exfoliating the skin reduces the fine lines that ultimately result in wrinkles.
One can’t just start off by rubbing the exfoliator directly on the skin. First tie your hair back or put a headband so that the hair does not fall on the face while you exfoliate the skin. Then follow the steps that are given below to get the best results.
The first step of exfoliating skin at home is to clean the face. Take some cleanser on your fingertips and rub it all over your face and neck. Use a cleanser that best suits your skin type. Wash the cleanser off with cold water or lukewarm water. Avoid water that is too hot or too cold.
Wet a washcloth and squeeze out some exfoliating face wash on it. Now with gentle circular motions, rub the exfoliator over your face and neck.
Although this step is not compulsory, using steam cleans the pores and ensures better cleaning of the skin. Some herbs can also be added to the water for greater benefits. Once the steaming is done, rinse the face with warm water and then pat it dry.
Remember to moisturize your face and neck after the exfoliating as this process may cause the skin to dry.
Ready-made skin care products can be used. Alternatively one can use one of the following homemade exfoliating scrubs.
- Oatmeal Scrub: It is made from mixing 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, 1/4 cup of fullers earth and 1/4 cup of dried orange peel. Add some water and make a smooth paste to use it as a face scrub.
- Oats and Basil Oil Scrub: Grind some raw oats. Mix it with 2 teaspoons of honey, basil oil and apple cider vinegar to make a natural exfoliating scrub for the face.
- Honey Scrub: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of finely ground almond paste and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice for an effective, homemade scrub for proper facial skin care.
- Do not overdo face exfoliation at home. Once or at the most twice a week is enough to have a naturally healthy skin.
- Be gentle while rubbing the exfoliator, specially if the exfoliating substance has coarse granules.
- Do not exfoliate if there is acne on the skin. Wait for it to clear out.
- Do not exfoliate the skin if there are cuts, rashes or sunburns on it.
Given the hectic lifestyle and busy schedule, regular visits to the parlor become difficult for most women. So take some time out every Friday night and complete your skin care regime for that naturally beautiful skin.